Membership into the Colour and Form Society is an online jurying process having two prerequisites:
- 1. Your art must have been included in the Colour and Form Society annual Open-Juried Exhibition.
- 2. You must be a permanent resident of the province of Ontario, Canada.
If you meet these two prerequisites, then in late November you will be invited to make an online submission by January 31.
In brief, as an invitee you will be asked to upload 6 images of your art and pay the submission fee ($35). And, by email, send a list of the submitted images together with your art bio (no more than 500 words).
The New Membership Jury reviews the submissions in February.
Notification of the New Membership Jury decision is emailed at the beginning of March.
If your submission is declined you are most welcome to resubmit the following year without the necessity of again meeting the open-juried requisite.
If your submission is successful then the annual CFS Membership Fee must be paid prior to the end of March. ($65)
Upon receipt of this fee you will be sent a CFS Membership card, and
- ▪︎ be entitled to use the designation CFS following your name;
- ▪︎ have your name added to the CFS website listing of Elected Members;
- ▪︎ have a page of your work on the CFS website,
- ▪︎ be eligible to participate in CFS members’ shows,
- ▪︎ be able to use your membership card for discounts with various art suppliers.
Additionally, and only for newly elected members, the CFS hosts a New Members’ Show biennially (in the odd-numbered years, ie, 2019, 2021, 2023…). Your art will be included in this showcase of artwork by the new members elected during the show year and the previous year.
Please send all membership-related enquires to: email@example.com
NEW MEMBERSHIP INVITEES only, please click HERE.
Note: This link will be useable from December 20, 2019 until the deadline; January 31, 2020.